Access control systems are becoming more ubiquitous every day, and they can be found in all sorts of commercial and institutional locations including theaters, office buildings, hospitals, and government buildings. The installation of access control systems is mainly implemented out of a safety and security concern – but they also serve to control the capacity of buildings, enhancing entry convenience, and in general, increasing the security level of the entire building. Here’s a guide to some of the most important benefits of commercial access control systems, as prepared by the access control system installation experts here at UTS Group.
Major Benefits of Commercial Access Control Systems
Commercial access control systems provide fantastic benefits to commercial like:
- The prevention of strangers or non-authorized personnel to access sensitive areas of your business. Access control systems thus become part of an integrated anti intrusion security system. They can additionally serve to audit and monitor the actions and movement of employees to ensure that no shifty behavior is going on. Access control systems that utilize fingerprint scanners or card readers can make sure that only designated employees can enter designated areas at designated times, recording entrance and exit times.
- Access control systems enlist control over building capacity, through entrance and exit monitoring. This way, we can ensure that buildings don’t get over crowded, and prevent the distractions that can lead to potential burglaries, robberies, or security issues. Count systems can be installed with access control systems, providing companies with an exact calculation of the general volume flow of employees and visitors.
- Access control systems provide safety in emergencies by giving you exact real-time information about how many people are inside the facility during an emergency, which can be a real godsend in events that require evacuation.
- Productivity benefits can be reaped through the knowledge of when your employees enter the building and leave, take breaks, or how much time they spend inside warehouse areas.
- Access control systems help consolidate the amount of time your company spends on capacity and security management, allowing for enhanced productivity. Additionally, they provide your business an air of control, safety, and technological advancement.
Access Control Models:
There’s a wide variety of access control models including:
Concealed Panel (Express Gate) Access Control Corridors
Appearing like furniture, this access control model acts like brackets for sliding glass panels activated through photoelectric reader cells.
Swing Gate Access Control
These access control models save space through a swinging gate that allows for the comfortable, yet practically space saving entry of designated individuals granted access through similar photoelectric reader cells.
This classic form of access control consists of a series of rotating barriers/blades that are set in place within a fixed piece of furniture.
All of these access control systems can be equipped with card readers, fingerprint readers, fob detectors, and myriad other forms of access control tokenage.